OFFERS for members
Our Furniture English2Easy Your ads here 150x60

English Grammar in Use (7) Will

6:46 PM / Posted by 2easy_Team /

Will

(A) We use will (’ll) when we decide to do something at the time of speaking :

- Oh, I’ve left the door open. I’ll go and shut it.

- What would you like to drink?’ ‘I’ll have tea, please.’

- Did you phone Ann?’ ‘Oh no, I forgot it. I’ll do it now.’

- I’m too tired to walk home. I think I’ll get a taxi.

The negative of will is won't (or will not):

Receptionist : I'm afraid Mr Wood can't see you until 4 o'clock.

You : Oh, in that case I won't wait.

We often use I think I'll ……or I don' think I'll…when we decide to do something:

- I think I'll stay at home this evening.

- I don't think I'll go out tonight. I'm too tired.

(B) We often use will in these situations:

Offering to do something:

- That bag looks heavy. I'll help you with it.

(not ' I help ')

- ' I need some money' . ' Don't worry. I'll lend you some.'

Agreeing or refusing to do something:

- A: You know that book I lent you ? Can I have it back?

B: Of course. I'll bring it back this afternoon.

(not ' I bring')

- I've asked John to help me but he won't

- The car won't start. ( = the car ' refuses ' to start)

Promising to do something:

- Than you for lending me the money. I'll pay you back on Friday.

(not ' I pay')

- I won't tell Tom what you said. I promise.

- I promise I'll phone you as soon as I arrive.

Asking someone to do something (Will you…?):

- Will you shut the door, please?

- Will you please be quiet? I'm trying to concentrate.

Labels:

7 comments:

Comment by Books and Manual on October 30, 2013 at 8:21 PM

All the time I used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of web so from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.

www.gofastek.com

Comment by gian on March 13, 2014 at 7:21 PM

I should recommend your site to my friends. Your page really carries good data and i realized that i still have lots to learn.

www.n8fan.net

Comment by Leslie Lim on July 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Great Resource and great site/engine.

Bom
www.imarksweb.org

Comment by sarah lee on July 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Comment by Barbie Chiu on January 20, 2016 at 6:22 PM

Thanks for sharing your article and for giving us the chance to read it. It is very helpful and encouraging. Visit my site too.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Comment by Cindy Dy on May 5, 2016 at 8:02 PM

Your post is superb. Thanks for sharing us updated information.

www.gofastek.com

Comment by lee woo on July 24, 2016 at 7:27 PM

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

Post a Comment